I have been reviewing events God has allowed in my life from childhood to present . . . both the good, the bad, and the surprising. Certainly, there have been many, and like snowflakes, no two have been the same. I have allowed these incidents (at times involving others and studded with emotions) to color my thoughts and shape my views in a unique way that is particular only to me. Thus, the reactions I've chosen for myself have caused me to become the person I am today.
I am not always proud of myself, in fact, quite often I am ashamed.
No brag - just fact.
Following is a collection of sentiments I filed away for such a day as this. I was rummaging through them today, and decided I would like to put them all together in a post here on my blog. A post to myself, for myself, and by myself.
Since this is my blog . . . I can do that. :)
I enjoy my blog immensely and post about things that are of interest to me. It's kind of therapeutic.
I hope those of you who do share in the reading of my posts enjoy your visits and come back often.
I hope you leave with a smile, something to think about, and/or a hearty, "Amen!"
 |
| Ain't that the truth! I trust the next 40 years will be a bit easier. ;) |
 |
I have become the worst at letting precious moments slip through my fingers. I hope I can overcome this malady.
"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." ~ Proverbs 25:11
And on the flip-side . . .
Speech has been compared to an arrow: once the words are released, like an arrow, they cannot be recalled, the harm they do cannot be stopped, and the harm they do cannot always be predicted, for words like arrows often go astray.
I don't normally intend on wasting my time, but invariably it does happen in spite of my best efforts.
Oh, that I could truly understand the value of a single minute. |
 |
| This just makes me sad - because it is so undeniably TRUE. :( |
 |
It's so easy to become carnally minded, and put my eyes on the storm around me.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. |
 |
trust - one in which confidence is placed
“Mistrust makes life difficult. Trust makes it risky.” ~ Mason Cooley
“It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust.” ~ Dr. Samuel Johnson
“It is an equal failing to trust everybody, and to trust nobody.” ~ English Proverb |
 |
It's a beautiful thing to be able to pick up where you left off (no matter how much time has passed) . . . with a friend.
It's even more wonderful, though less likely, to turn enemies into friends. |
 |
" . . . He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone . . . "
(John 8:7) KJV
"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." (Philippians 2:3) KJV |
 |
I can make a difference for the good.
(Note to Self: Don't believe the lies!) |
 |
perspective - a way of regarding situations, facts, etc, and judging their relative importance
This is not always easy for me to do.
However, it can be quite refreshing and insightful when done properly.
A snail walks into a bank to make a deposit. Then a turtle comes in and robs the bank. Afterward, the police are interviewing the snail and asks him to recount what had happened. The snail says, "I don't know, it all happened so fast." |
 |
Easier said than done . . . but not impossible.
". . . With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible."
(Mark 10:27) KJV
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
(John 8:32) KJV |
 |
| Habits are so hard to break. If only I could remember to ask this question when the need arises. |
 |
I really need to work on numbers 1, 4, 7, 8, and 10.
(I don't have the market yet on the other five either.) |
 |
| I can't imagine life without regrets. Someday it will be, though. :) |
 |
- Tucking my youngest into bed at night -
- Watching my two daughters as they grow -
- Listening to my son tell about his new job -
- Praying for my oldest two sons and their safety -
- Praising God for my husband in the good times and in the bad -
- Thanking God that He isn't finished with me yet -
These are just some of the BIG things. |
 |
This is not an easy attitude for me to adopt, but one I think will save me from shedding too many more tears.
"Boo-Hoo." |
 |
Really? Do I really believe this?
FMI- (For My Information)
I am learning to. |
 |
| I don't know the swami, but he sure has a great quote. ;) |
 |
Couldn't have said it better myself.
God knows me.
Sometimes that makes me glad.
Most times it makes me sad.
Oh, how I'll wish I had given Him more! |
 |
| If I finally give up, it's because there was nothing left to hold on to. |
No comments:
Post a Comment