So now I'll make it as an old wife and mother. Haha!
"Beauty" and I baked this cake yesterday. We followed the recipe to the "T," except we forgot to use Self-Rising flour. Eh, the cake came out heavy, but edible. Kind of like Pecans-a-Plenty bars instead of cake. It wasn't as delicious as I remembered. We are going to make it again, only next time we'll remember to use the right flour.
The recipe calls for baking in two 8 or 9-inch cake pans, and it actually looks a lot prettier if you bake it in the round. We decided to take the easy route for time's sake, and we just put it in a 9x13 pan. (The recipe explains how to adjust the ingredients for a 9x13 pan.)
I encourage you to try it if you like pecans and cake. Just remember to use Self-Rising flour. ;)
| (As always, you can find the directions in my RECIPES page near the top of my blog.) |
No comments:
Post a Comment