![]() |
| Great Friends |
Over the years, both my friend and I have been stopped by folks wanting to know if we are sisters and even twins. I think the first time it happened was when we were together at a yard sale, and I was trying to decide if I wanted to pay $5 for a salad shooter. We just chuckled and wondered why they would ask such a question. However, I don't believe either of us gave it much thought after that. Then strange things began to happen. For example, a lady I'd never met before approached me in Walmart speaking to me as if we were acquainted, and was convinced my hubby worked at the bus barn. My hubby never has, but hers did!
Once, she called to tell me about a garage sale from which she had just returned home. She felt I might benefit from some of the items they were selling. I told her I wouldn't be able to go until later in the afternoon, but that I would indeed go. When I got there the couple kept staring at me as if I were going to steal something. I felt uncomfortable. When I went over to them to purchase my items they said matter-of-factly, "You were here this morning, too." (Haha!) Feeling relieved I just smiled and said, "No, that wasn't me. That was my friend, but she's the one who told me about your sale."
This last story takes the cake, however. This time my friend stopped at another yard sale, and if I remember correctly, was looking at some DVDs for sale, when a woman burst out of the front door calling my name. When she got closer the woman realized her mistake. My friend laughed when the woman asked if she knew anyone by my name. When she said she did, the woman mentioned my last name, and my friend confirmed it. Now this woman was one of my mother's best friends, and I knew her well, but my friend had no clue who she was. Haha! What are the odds of THAT happening?
Boy, oh boy, could we tell you stories! It's not always at a sale either. Now, when something like the above happens, we just smile super big smiles at each other and get tickled. That's our "kick" for the day. Guess we truly could pass for sisters!
The odd twist to all of this lately, has been that some folks are getting OUR HUBBYS confused with each other. At times, they even confuse us as couples! That's really funny to us. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment