Tuesday, February 15, 2011

MY DIRTY LITTLE SECRET

I LOVE DARK CHOCOLATE . . . especially with almonds. It's not so easy to find dark chocolate with nuts. It's usually p-l-a-i-n. I was excited to find these little beauties several weeks ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't careful with them. I put 3 of them in the pocket of my lime green jacket and did the unthinkable. I forgot about them.


 
 
Here's the mug shot. This is the criminal - not me!


Innocent looking, huh? Yeah, right. Don't be fooled.


[These babies are MESSY when heated.]

The three little lovelies made it through the washing machine just fine. However, they were unknowingly tossed into the dryer, obviously still tucked neatly into my jacket pocket, where they escaped detection until pulled from the dryer.

Everything in this pile had dark brown stains.  I was certain I would never be able to get them out assuming they had already "set" with the heat. It was bad, folks. These pictures simply do no justice to the actual crime. It was U-G-L-Y.

UGLY, right?


SHOUT to the rescue!

 Ladies, rest your eyes on a Beacon of Hope!


I rapidly obtained a bottle of SHOUT, and the rest was soon just a bad memory.


I used quite a bit of the bottle on just this one small load of clothes.


It was well worth it, even though my "trigger finger" caught a cramp.






Voila! I've always thought SHOUT was a good product and one that could be trusted.  Now, after this experience, I am even more convinced.

The only stains on this jacket are the two that were already there before the chocolate incident.
If you are familiar with the Dove brand chocolates, then you know they come with a message inside the foil wrapper. I was only able to salvage two of the foil papers. It's funny, these are the two messages from the chocolates that were in my pocket. 

"It's OK to be fabulous AND flawed!"
and
"Chocolate won't let you down."

No comments: