Well, we were expecting cold, ice, and SNOW. We got everything but the snow. I would've loved to have some for just a day or two. I must confess that this cold snap, which plunged our temperatures down into the 20's, has removed any desire I recently had to move where it is colder. Brrrrrr! I'm lovin' our temperate zone and livin' for the sunshine from here on out. Sorry, Mom. :(
The following are some pics we took the morning of our really cold snap. I sooooo wish there would've been snow, but the ice was neat to see. It's quite a rarity in our neck of the woods.
 |
| A thin coat of ice had formed on our wooden table on the back porch. It's not much, but was quite the novelty for us. |
 |
| Here we see little tiny icicles. Aren't they cute?? Haha! We saw some pretty long ones hanging off TDECU's drive thru. |
 |
| Our birds could skate, but not bathe in this birdbath. |
 |
| There was even ice on our pine tree. Wow! |
 |
| I hate this hose because it is sooo old. I'm so glad the water froze inside of it. Now maybe we will buy a new one. A prettier one. :) |
 |
| More cutsie icicles. This time on our Jimmy. |
 |
| Now doesn't this just look "cool?" (Pun intended) |
Since it's been so cold, I wanted to make something warm and healthy for us to eat. I decided to try out a Lentil Soup recipe. It was very quick and easy to put together. It even looked kinda nice, but in all honesty, I gotta tell ya, I AM NOT LIKIN' THIS SOUP.
Of course, I didn't expect it to be as good as a plate of lasagna or a juicy hamburger, but then again ... why eat it if I don't like it, right? At least now I can say, "I tried it, and if I never eat it again it will be too soon."
So, I'm givin' this recipe a big THUMBS DOWN. Someone out there may like it, and that's great. I think I will try lentils again, just not in this recipe. Just sayin'.
 |
| Lentil Soup with grated Parmesan cheese |
[If you are interested, the recipe can be found under my RECIPES button near the top of this page under my Stick Family.]
No comments:
Post a Comment