I got it in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I stopped in at a Fiesta and bought most of the ingredients for the recipe I will be sharing today. I love Oriental cooking - especially Filipino foods since visiting there. (Hubby introduced me to Lumpia and it was so good. Forgive me, but I drool.)
We had this for lunch and dinner today along with some very yucky cookies. I hope the birds liked them better than we did. :(
Pre-heat a wok on high heat. (If you don't have a wok, a large, deep skillet should work fine as long as it can take high heat.) Next, add your oil, onion, and garlic to the wok. Saute just until the garlic starts to turn golden. Do not overcook as garlic burns quickly and will taste extremely bitter. Next, add in the chicken and shrimp and cook about 3-5 minutes on high. While the meat is cooking begin adding in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
Gently pour in the chicken broth and add the cabbage, carrots, and stir-fry veggies stirring once again to coat all the vegetables. Bring to a boil, and remove meat and vegetables using a spider or a slotted spoon in order to leave the broth in the wok. The meat will be cooked and the veggies will be crisp but tender.
![]() |
| This is what the veggie/meat mixture looks like when removed from the broth. |
![]() |
| All that's left is to plate your food and enjoy a delicious meal. I highly recommend serving it with lemon slices if you like the tang of citrus. |






No comments:
Post a Comment