Saturday, September 15, 2012

PRETTY IN PLAID


"Beauty" and I worked on her new skirt this week and finally finished it. 
Little did we know that plaid wasn't the easiest material to work with on this particular pattern. 
She cut out eight (8 - count 'em) panels for this skirt. 
We had the task of making sure the plaids lined up.  Whew!  What an adventure. 
We got it done, and think it looks pretty good.  What do you think?

The waistband gave me the hardest time.  I've never done one like this before - only elastic . . . Ew! 
I sure am happy to have access to You Tube videos.  They really built up my confidence and tutored me well.  :)

This is such an easy and FUN skirt pattern.  If we can do plaid, we can do ANYTHING!  I always think of my sewing teacher, Yolanda, whenever I sew.  "Thank you, my friend, for getting me started." 

No comments: