Saturday, July 17, 2010

I ASKED FOR IT . . . AND BOY, DID I GET IT

I woke up this morning to check on Amorphophallus titanumi Corpse Flower Lois and to my surprise this is what I found!!!!!! =P

Be sure to TURN UP the volume on this clip (or your computer) and turn DOWN (or mute) the volume on my playlist at the bottom of my blog. If you don't do this, the music on my blog will interfere with this video's song.

FYI - The volume and mute button are located beneath the two exclamation marks in the upper right-hand corner of the playlist box. Click on the volume lever and drag it downward or just click on the "speaker" looking button to mute. Easy, Cheesy, Peasy, right? :)



A Song For Lois [Amorphophallus titanum] from HMNS on Vimeo.


Ode to Lois
Written and performed by Kelsey Williams

Get up extra early, just to see
That totally awesome flower that’s taller than you or me
She sits in the Butterfly Center at HMNS
When she blooms you’ll smell her for a half mile radius
Oh, Lois. Come on and let your corpse-smell flow-is.
Open up your petals and show us.
Cuz we’ve been waiting one whole week
Runnin up flights of stairs to get a peek
Of Lois. Come on and let your corpse-smell flow-is.
Runnin out of words that rhyme with Lois.
La la la la la la la la grow for us.

Hurry up and bloom, alright? Or else they’re gonna start a fight
Cuz they’ve been waiting a while in line, to get a glimpse for which they pine
Of everybody’s favorite plant
Thanks for putting up with my rant
And thanks most of all, to Lois!

Lois is quite a muse! in addition to inspiring this song, she’s also inspired more than 3 dozen haiku! Watch her on our Corpse Flower webcam any time – and she if she inspires you, too.


1 comment:

Amy said...

I've got songs
Yes I do!
I've got songs
How bout you?

Amyyy whatcha gonna do? I think I can stay with you for a while maybe longer if I do.

Jesse's Girl