Today is Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - Leap Day - and it only happens once every four years.
Did you know people born on Leap Day are called "leaplings" or "leapers?" I didn't, (at least not until I Googled it today). Those born on a Leap Day will celebrate their birthday on February 28th or March 1st. Most opt for March 1st. Dinah Shore and Jimmy Dorsey were celebrity leaplings. In 1988, Time magazine claimed that Superman was born on February 29th. How about that?
The Guinness Book of World Records keeps track of certain Leap Year Phenomenon. A family in the United Kingdom has had three consecutive generations born on February 29th. Also, a Norwegian woman, named Karin Hendriksen gave birth to three consecutive leaplings: in 1960, 1964, and 1968. Sweet! :)
Here's an interesting video explaining Leap Days and Leap Years much better than I could. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment