Saturday, August 7, 2010

LATE BLOG ENTRY

I have been meaning to blog about our new refrigerator since I got it. (I say "our" but all you ladies know I mean "MY." Haha! ;)

We've known for about 2 years that we were going to have to do the nasty job of buying another refrigerator. We have also been dreading it all that time saying, "We can get by with this one a little longer, right?" And that was truly fine until we pulled out the milk one morning and discovered we had the beginnings of a well-cultured bowl of cottage cheese starting in that jug. Yum-O!

Shortly, and I mean VERY shortly thereafter, hubby took me on a drive six days before my birthday. He pulled in to a Scratch and Dent store hiding in a corner. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be coming home with the sweet lil beauty you see below! =)

The ladybug magnets are covering the few dings she has. Other than those minor dents and a few scratches she is PERFECT - just like brand new! My hubby is quite the bargain hunter and haggler extraordinaire. He managed to get her for only a smidge more than we had budgeted for a much smaller (and less fabulous, might I say) fridge. We just tightened up the proverbial belt strings and "voila" - paid in full by the end of the month.
Now we have trouble keeping her stocked. There are always two or three empty shelves even after the groceries are put up. That works out just fine, however, because now I always have room for the leftovers after dinner. Haha! No more cramming and piling things in on top of each other 'til they holler.

I like being able to keep a whole gallon of milk in the door and I absolutely LOVE the deli meat keeper under the two crispers. It's neat having the freezer on the bottom, too.

Oh, and did I mention that her temperature controls are digital? She beeps when the door is left open. I'm convinced a woman thought of that feature. ;)

James 1:17 says, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what it is like to get a much needed new fridge. I am so proud that the Lord went before you and directed you to it!!! By the way, I found your writings--I am not too computer literate, as you can tell. xoxo

Curly Girl said...

Thanks for commenting, Anne! I'm glad the Lord went before us, too. He surely is a great bargain hunter. ;)

My writings are not much, but they are sincere. Don't worry about your computer literacy - it just takes time to learn. Love you, Anne!