Friday, August 6, 2010

FAIR WARNING

Ok, world, I am trying to grow a plant. Yes, you heard correctly. The woman who can kill a plant by simply trying to water it, prune it, and/or plant its seed is stepping out of her comfort zone.

Two weeks ago a friend gave me an actual clipping of her Coleus plant. I brought it home and dutifully placed it in a small glass of water hoping for roots. Guess what? It sprouted roots! Oodles of 'em, to be sure.

Yesterday I bought a nice olive green pot from Walmart. Didn't sink too much money into it because, well, just in case it doesn't survive . . .

Next step? Call in a professional. That would be our son, O'Man. He dumped some of our home-spun compost into that pot o' mine, and then he settled little "Claudia" the Coleus into her new home. He wet her feet a little and then handed her over to me. (Next time I'LL do my own dirty work.) *blushing*

I did a bit of research and found out she is a shade loving plant. That's good to know because I was ready to take her out into the sizzling sun. Now she silently sits on my kitchen windowsill looking outside. Ain't she a cutie?

* Check out my CRAFTS/HOBBIES page under my guest book for some helpful info on how to care for a Coleus plant.

No comments: