Monday, August 9, 2010

THREE AMIGOS

I wanted to show y'all a picture of the Goya brand seasonings I use (in my Lasagna, Fried Rice, and Egg Drop Soup recipes - just to name a few) Sofrito (sew-frito), Recaito (wreck-I-E-toe), and Sazon (sass-sewn).

I have found that our local HEB keeps these in stock along with a host of other delicious Goya products. These three are all under $3.oo. Do refrigerate the jars after opening and be careful to look for mold if you don't use them up, say, within a month. The mold in the red jar will be a creamy rose color, and you'll see little greenish white moldy spots in the green jar. I use ours up fairly quickly, so I've only ever seen the mold TWICE in my years of using it. It's important to always use a clean spoon when removing the paste from the jars. Don't stick your spoon in the spaghetti sauce and then into the jar without rinsing the spoon or you will contaminate what's in the jar.

My mother-in-law and sisters-in-law taught me how to use these three wonderful little seasonings on meats, and in beans and soups, too. My friend gave me a fabulous Jambalaya recipe and I used the green jar in it. It was SOOOOO GOOD! Our imagination is the only thing that limits us when it comes to adding flavor with these stellar seasonings. They are all great for marinating pork, chicken, shrimp, and beef with a little lime, lemon, or orange juice and oregano. Try some in your next pot of rice along with a cube of chicken, beef, or vegetable bouillon and some Rotel. A little goes a long way, and will really make the difference! I hope you will try them out.

 Hey, let me know if you try them and how you liked the results. It's okay if you don't like them, too. Tell me about it. My feelings won't be hurt. Promise! =)

No comments: