Thursday, May 19, 2011

SUNSETS

Ever give much thought to a sunset? A sunset is - 1) the setting of the sun below the western horizon in the evening 2) an atmospheric glow and coloring near the horizon as the sun sets


This was the sunset on our way home. I love how the sun's rays radiate out and upwards through the sky!
Seems to me that days can go by without my ever taking time to look outside my window, let alone pay attention to a sunset.  

However, this past week, since we had the rain, I've been noticing sunsets. I must confess that it's not because I decided to start looking out my window, but because I was already outside during those times.

Somewhere along the way, I put to sleep my desire to be outdoors. What a shame. God is good, and with His help I am happy to report that things are looking up for me.

As of late, God has re-aweakened my desire to see sunsets, plant morning glories, watch birds (we saw a Pileated Woodpecker and an Eastern Bluebird yesterday), rake leaves, and to enjoy the rustle and gentle touch of a breeze. "Thank you, Lord."



Pileated Woodpecker

Eastern Bluebird




I've been holding my breath far too long.
It feels good to finally be able to exhale and . . . BREATHE DEEPLY. 

"Ahhhhhhhh ..."



2 comments:

Amy said...

Praise God for the small steps of healing:~)

Curly Girl said...

Yes, my friend. All I can say to that is, "Ahhhhhhh ... " :o)