Saturday, April 28, 2012

3 MOST VIVID CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

I thought I'd share my three most vivid childhood memories today, and maybe some of you will leave a comment and share at least one of yours.  I'd love to hear them.  :)

Stone Soup
1.  My 1st grade teacher was an older lady with shocking short white hair.  She was thin, and always had a smile for me . . . and that smile was always painted with bright lipstick.  One day she brought a HUGE pot to school, and put in in our classroom.  She also brought a large, clean rock.  That day our class made a delicious pot of Stone Soup.  We ate that soup, and I have never forgotten it.  What a difference one teacher can make!


2.  When I was in the 3rd or 4th grade my cousin and I were playing outside when a bird flew overhead and pooped on her.  I started laughing because I thought it was funny, and she got mad.  She got so mad that she blurted out that my dad wasn't really my dad.  I asked my mom about it, and that's how I ended up going to a judge and being adopted. 

3.  When I was a little girl we had two Teddybear Hampsters.  The female had 8 or 10 babies one winter.  I can't remember exactly how many, but I sure do remember how tiny they were.  Well, it was cold and we had one of those old-time register heaters for warming up the house.  Mom set the hampster cage on top of that heater one night before we went to bed, and covered it with a towel.  The next morning those hampsters were all dead.  The metal cage got hot from sitting on that register, and they had "cooked" during the night.  I remember we buried two large matchboxes with the "mom and daddy," and the rest were tiny match boxes for the babies.  My mom has always been an animal lover, and I know she just felt terrible about what happened.  What a sad, but vivid memory.  :(

No comments: