Friday, November 2, 2012

OUR MINI VACATION





It started with an exciting plane ride.

Love this view.
 

We had to change planes in, and while we were enjoying our layover wait we immediately spotted one of our favorite things to eat . . . CAROLINA BBQ! (Pass the coleslaw, will ya?  ;)
 
Our trip was a quick one but we were able to get in a bit of sight-seeing.
This was in the mall we passed through.  I thought it was pretty cool.  I love water fountains.

We enjoyed celebrating at Fogo De Chao.
It was our first time to experience what this restaurant has to offer.
 

I had a hankerin' for veggies that day.
Loved everything on this plate EXCEPT the smoked salmon and triangular piece of cheese . . . not so much.

If you've never been to Fogo De Chao it's a restaurant that's known for the selection of meats it offers. We tried lamb for the first time, had chicken, sausage, and several cuts of beef, but we all agreed that by far the filet mignon was THE BEST!
 

Walking off that good food and stopping a moment to oblige my "photo happy trigger finger".  I love a Kodak moment!

Looks like I'm not the only one who likes to take pictures. 
 

I'm pretty sure we managed to capture one of the "clearest" pictures of "Nessie - The Lochness Monster." What do you think?

"Pretty Posies"

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ Oh, Bumblebee - Oh, Bumblebee . . .

"Got my EYE on you!"

My strong man! He stopped it cold. :)

Just thought this would make a pretty picture with the water and blue sky behind us.
(Boy, oh boy, my purse is H-U-G-E . . . and lime colored!)



Such cool buildings and lovely blue sky!
If you look carefully you can see an UFO in the upper left corner of this picture.

Gotcha!
After zooming in we "identified" this "flying object" as a harmless helicopter.
(My camera cannot take detailed close ups, but it has terrific long distance capabilities.)
I liked the colors, shapes, and grouping of these buildings.

"Peek-a-Boo."

Before heading back to the car we stopped to listen to this gentleman singing.
Then we remembered having been in an elevator with him while we were on our way to lunch. 
Little did we know he was a celebrity.  ;)

No comments: