The three pictures below show something amazing. To our family, these pictures show the Hand of God. When we returned, from having evacuated the year Ike hit us, this is what we came home to. When I saw it I COULD NOT stop saying, "WOW!"
In the first picture you see a tree that blew onto our front porch roof. It knocked out our porch rail and that's about all it did. Okay, "Wow."
However, in the second and third pictures you see a HUGE tree branch that could have very easily CRUSHED our a good portion of our cozy lil home. But no! This branch was "placed" next to our home. We are talking millimeters. She barely brushed up against it!
If you look closely in the second picture you can see our "Cutie" standing on the branch and our "Beauty" prominently kneeling near the lamppost. (It even missed the lamppost! Ha!) See how BIG it was?!
And in the third picture you can see my hubby and the kiddos standing on our deck in the midst of the wreckage. They look so small to me. You can even see where the branch broke off from the tree if you look at the lower right-side of the photo. CRACK!
Our neighbors STAYED during hurricane Ike. The father said he watched our tree limbs twist and turn and SNAP back. He said it was very scary! They just kept doing that frightful "dance" and he could hear them. He said they wouldn't be staying behind for any more hurricanes in the future. I was glad to hear that!
I was simply AMAZED at how close this massive tree branch came to taking out such a large portion of our home. The first thing I thought was, "Thank you, Lord! YOU guided this bruiser of a tree branch within a whisper of our home just so I could see Your power and providence for ME and my family." At that time in my life this was extremely important for me to see and understand. God knew EXACTLY what I needed to know to see that He had NOT forgotten nor forsaken me. PRAISE GOD FOR HIS MERCY AND GRACE! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment