ONE DAY TOO LATE
I never thought I'd see the day, When you'd come to kneel and pray;
I never though that I would see, the church house filled to capacity.
And outside the door there's more, who have never come before ...
Oh, what a shame - that Jesus came - just one day before!
(chorus) You came just one day too late. One day too late. Jesus came and you've been left behind to wait. Yesterday you couldn't find, time for Jesus on your mind. You finally came to call His Name, but one day too late!
You tried to live the best you could, you tried to do the things that you should;
But when it came to serving God, You said I still, I still have time to wait.
But now it's all turned around, the time to serve Him now you've found ...
How sad the fate - you found the time - just one day too late!
(chorus) You came just one day too late. One day too late. Jesus came and you've been left behind to wait. Yesterday you couldn't find, time for Jesus on your mind. You finally came to call His Name, but one day too late!
You finally came to call His Name, but one day too late! One day too late!!
"Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."
(Matthew 24:44)
2 comments:
Thank you for posting this hymn! I was asked the other day to find this song to use in a Revival service, and I'm so happy to have found the text. Do you know anywhere where I could find sheet music, or a page scan, perhaps? Thank you!
Unfortunately, I do not have the sheet music. I also do not know where to find it - perhaps in an older hymn book? I made an attempt to search online, but my efforts were futile. Please forgive my delay in responding to your comment. I apologize.
Post a Comment