I've been saving our loose change since November. The containers I was using finally got full. I couldn't have stuffed another coin in them - and believe me, I tried.
I made the decision to keep shaking the containers each time I added new coins. Y'know, kinda "squish" out any air that might be taking up space. Nuttin' but change. Haha! (Well, I did manage to save a few bills, too, but it was mainly loose change.)
The kids had been asking if they could count it. I said, "Sure." (Hey, kept me from having to do it. ;)
They poured it all out on the dining room table, and enthusiastically began separating, stacking, and counting. Needless-to-say, I was floored when they presented me with the final tally.
ABSOLUTELY FLOORED!
ABSOLUTELY FLOORED!
![]() |
| Here's what all that "mula" looked like when it was stacked and counted. |
![]() |
| "Beauty' had the fun job of counting all the pennies. No one else wanted to do it. By the time she was finished, her fingers were filthy. (Talk about "Filthy lucre.") |
![]() |
| These were the containers I used. A 12 oz. IBC soft drink bottle (pennies only); a 6 or 8 oz. Parmesan cheese container (pennies and silver); and a cute patchwork bunny bank (silver only). |
Wanna know how much I collected? Take a guess. I guessed 30 to 40 bucks. What about you?? Be sure to leave me a comment and tell me what your guess was, okay? Thanks!
The total of all the coinage and bills in the picture above was as follows:
Pennies - $ 7.20 Quarters - $ 109.50
Nickles - $ 9.30 "Gold" $1 Coins - $ 1.00
Dimes - $28.90 Bills - $ 20.00
Thus making it a WHOPPING $175.90! How about that?
Hey, if you're not saving your change . . . WHY NOT?



2 comments:
OK, SURELY you don't mean November 2010!! That's only 3 months!! We rarely have change because we pay for just about everything with a debit card:-(
Great Job!!
Wanna take me to lunch??
Yes, Amy, from November 2010! I've already started saving again, and we haven't decided what we are going to do with this batch yet. Haha!
We'll do lunch soon! =)
Post a Comment