Saturday, January 22, 2011

SPLIT PEA SOUP

I decided to try out a new recipe, but wasn't sure how it would turn out for two reasons: 1) I wasn't sure anyone in our family would like the finished product, and 2) I have seen pictures of Split Pea Soup and it didn't look very appetizing. :(

Split Pea Soup with Ham

However, to my surprise and delight, I arrived home to a wonderfully tempting aroma coming from the crockpot. I buttered a loaf of French bread, sprinkled it with a touch of garlic salt, and popped it in the broiler.  Everyone ate the soup, and only two didn't prefer it.

 In my opinion, I'd say my Split Pea Soup was a success. Yay!!!



If you would like to try this recipe you can find it under my RECIPE page below my Stick Family at the top of this page.


No comments: